You’ve nearly completed this year’s Blogging Challenge! CHALLENGE 10 is ready for you to complete.
There will be two evaluations:
- a survey of the actual student blogging challenge – we want your ideas about the challenge. Most questions are tick a box or write a short answer. ( Do this on the Challenge 10 Post site)
- a survey of your blog by someone who has not seen it before such as your principal, another teacher, your parent, a sibling or cousin, next door neighbour. (Do these two activities as posts on YOUR blog.)
You also have the chance to nominate blogs for the Edublog Awards. Nominations close on 26th November, so make sure you read about what you have to do to make your nomination count. (Activity 3)
Please complete the following Reflections / Activities for Challenge 10:
Do Activity 1 and 2 as different posts.
Remember to include a link back to the Challenge Post so Ms. Wyatt will know you’ve completed Activity 1 and 2.
ACTIVITY 1 – Survey of Your Blog
You can copy and paste these reflection questions directly into your post. You may choose to answer each one individually (use a different colour for your response) or write a post with several paragraphs addressing these questions.
This is an audit of your blog since the beginning of September 2012.
- How many posts did you write?
- How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?
- How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?
- Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?
- Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?
- Did you change blog themes at all and why?
- How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?
- How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?
ACTIVITY 2 – Another Set of Eyes Auditing your Blog
Now ask another student and teacher/parent from your school who might not have read your blog to do an audit. Sit beside them while they navigate around your blog, record what you observe as they interact with your blog. When finished, ask them the following questions:
- What were your first impressions of this blog?
- What captured your attention?
- What distracted you on the blog?
- What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?
ACTIVITY 3 – Nominating Blogs
Read about the guidelines and which categories you are going to be nominating blogs for awards at the EDUBLOGS AWARDS SITE.
We will be doing this at the end of this week. Please have Activities 1 and 2 finished by Thursday, November 22. We will be nominating this Thursday.
Image Source:woodleywonderworks from flickr.com
|Print article||This entry was posted by 110gs on November 18, 2012 at 7:42 pm, and is filed under Uncategorized. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|